Since having kids, I have found it a lot harder to spend as much on myself. My shopping budget has exponentially decreased with each baby as their expenses have increased. Sad, I know. That being said, however, I do refuse to give up on my wardrobe all together. And my sister would disown me if I gave up. My focus turns to more classic items and my mentality has really become quality and not quantity.
I did stock up during the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale. There are several great items that I think are staples that everyone should have in their wardrobe. These items dress up or add some class to any outfit. I have put together a list for you that includes some staple pieces you need to update your wardrobe. Lucky for you, they are all on the Nordstrom Sale!! If you have not updated your wardrobe with some new staple pieces in a couple years, it is your duty to yourself to shop now!
1. Nice Jeans – Most of you probably already have a couple pairs of nice jeans. If you need to update these or (no judging), buy your first pair, I love these Paige Denim skinny jeans.
2. All Weather Boots – Some of you are likely still holding on to your original UGGs. And while I am not saying UGGs are out of style, I am saying you need to get rid of those original, worn out, stained UGGs. I have traded mine in for more updated looks. I surprisingly get so much wear out of my Hunter Boots. They look great in Spring and Fall with leggings or skinny jeans and I wear mine everywhere from the pumpkin patch to running errands to the soccer field. Another cute, updated look are these Sperry Boots. I just ordered these off of the sale and am so excited to wear them this winter. Again, these will look great as a casual boot with leggings or jeans when out and about with the kiddos.
3. Nice Fashion Jewelry – I cannot overemphasize how much I use my nice jewelry pieces. And as in nice, I am referring to my fashion jewelry, not my closet full of diamond necklaces and tiaras. I was so excited to see so much Kendra Scott jewelry on the sale! A good long necklace is a jewelry essential. I wear my Rayne Necklace all the time and always get so many compliments on it. I also love the look of this Sonya Station Necklace. Another jewelry piece that is a must have is a pair of statement earrings. If you aren’t ready to commit to the size of the Elle (which I love and wear all the time!), the smaller Dani Stone earrings are just as cute and come in a lot of colors on the sale.
4. Neutral Booties – You need these. I can promise you that you will wear these every day. Again, it is an easy thing to put on an instantly update your outfit or look like you put more effort than you did into getting ready. While tall boots are still in style, if you are still wearing the pair you got 5 years ago, it is time you get an updated look. I wear my Sam Edelman Petty Booties all the time!! This year, the new ones have fringe which are super cute. A slightly less expensive alternative to the Sam Edelman ones are these cute Dolce Vita Kadie Booties. As far as color, that totally depends on your wardrobe. I love my neutral color booties so I can wear them with most of my wardrobe.
5. Coat or Cape – Wraps and capes are a great, new alternative to the puffer vest. While I still plan to pull my puffer vests out this fall, I cannot wait to wear my new capes. I love the idea of throwing these on as it starts to get cooler and getting an easy updated look. This Blanket Cape is so cute and a great price! If you aren’t ready to commit to a cape, I think a nice casual coat is a must. Love this DKNY Utility Parka.
6. Tote – I love me a good tote. I am still at the point were I am using my diaper bag pretty frequently. If I am going somewhere without the baby, I will usually throw things into one of my totes. There are so many cute ones right now and, luckily, some on the sale. A good tote is not only functional, but a way to update your purse. I love this Street Level tote -the price is ridiculous and it has sold out in every color except black.
7. Go to Blouse – I try not to be that person who, when they find something they really love, buys it in every color. But I am having a hard time restraining myself with this Lush Roll Tab Blouse.
I know I will be pulling this out all the time (I have already worn it twice since buying). Being so basic, I find that I can style it different ways by changing my accessories and dress it up or down. And it is so inexpensive, I think I can justify getting a couple more colors!!
Adding a couple of these wardrobe staples to your closet instantly updates your look. I can pull out my old leggings and just a basic t-shirt and put on my boots and a cape and instantly look put together. I hope you find some great things on the sale and remember -quality not quantity. Happy shopping!!
- leslie changApril 21, 2016 at 5:29 AM
Wow ! What a unique Fashion Collection here its really nice I am really appreciate your blog
And All Images Looking So Attractive.
Tanzanite wedding rings
- Maya LatimerAugust 11, 2016 at 4:07 AM
I really love your blog and this post is awesome! Thank you for share with us. Wedding Ring