Happy #NSale, friends!!! Today is the first day of the Nordstrom Anniversary Sale – early access. Early access is for Nordstrom Card Holders. Today I am sharing my favorite initial picks as well as my favorites from the dressing room that I think will sell out quickly. Also, be sure to enter the giveaway at the end of the post for a chance to win some shopping money to Nordstrom!! As a show of our appreciation for all of you following along with us, we are rewarding one follower will win $500 gift card and two will win $250!
I was lucky enough to get to shop the sale yesterday and I made quite a haul. This is when I buy most of my wardrobe staples for the coming year, and given the deals, I am willing to splurge a little more as so many name brand items are really marked down. My strategy with the sale is always to buy, buy, buy in the first days. SO much sells out fast, and I would rather buy and return if I don’t like than not be able to get at all. So if you are on the fence with an item, buy it!
Excuse the bad lighting, messy dressing room, and BSF (bitchy shopping face – I was tired!). For size reference, I am usually a S/XS. I have noted the fit and size in each of the items below.
1. Stripe V neck shirt – a version of this shirt has been on the last 3 sales and sold out. It is a great price point at only $19 and is very soft. It is a closet staple and can be easily layered. It comes in solid colors too – I bought the white and black. Don’t wait to buy this! I am wearing an XS – fits a little loose and has stretch. Also shown – jeans.
2. V neck short sleeve T – another closet staple! These are perfect for wearing by themselves or layered with cardigans (see layered below). I seriously bought them in every color (black, grey, white, blush, & navy). Another item that is priced so well…they will sell out quickly. I am wearing an XS and the fit is generous. Also shown – jeans, booties.
3. JCrew top – this top wasn’t even on my list of must haves until I tried it on. It is super cute and only $35!! It is classic Jcrew and it will likely sell out first day!! The cute cuff detail can be worn long (as shown) or cuffed up for a more casual/summer look. I am wearing a small and it is more fitted. XS was too small. Also shown – jeans. UPDATE – IN STOCK!!! BUY!!!
4. Zella leggings – these motto leggings are similar to the expensive ones you saw everywhere this spring. They are a fun upgrade from a basic black legging. This picture doesn’t do them justice…they are really cute on. Bonus, they are high waisted! If you don’t own the basic Zella high waisted leggings, those are also on the sale and something you MUST have in your closet. I am wearing a small. Also shown – tank.
5. Nike joggers – these were at the top of my list after seeing them in the catalog. They were all I hoped for and more!! The perfect, comfy, and cute joggers. These will sell out FAST. I am wearing the XS. Also shown – T-shirt.
6. Kate Spade slides – A little bit of a splurge, but I LOVE these shoes. They will be so cute with jeans and a cardigan or more dressed up for the holidays. I think these will be something I have for a long time. There are several embellished slides on the sale this year – I think these will go pretty fast. I did have to size up a half size with these shoes.
7. BP Cardigans – Gimme all the cardigans!! Last year’s sale had several cardigans and the first to sell out were the lower priced ones. The BP ones this year are lighter weight and have a small rib to them. I like them better than last year’s cardigans because they are softer and look like they will not pill as easily. Cardigans are so easy to thrown on with shorts, jeans, and leggings. Again, a huge closet staple that is worth investing in a couple colors. I got the oatmeal and the grey. I am wearing the XS. Also shown – tee, jeans, booties.
8. Blush Cardigan – Another cardigan (insert eye roll). This one is sooooo pretty and so soft. I am a sucker for blush tones, and this one is even more pretty in person. It is a little more expensive than the BP cardigans above, but I still think it will sell out early in the sale. I am wearing the XS. Also shown – booties, jeans.
9. Halogen coat – This is one of my favorite coats on the sale!! It is a great price and couldn’t be more cute. It comes in black and grey and is going to be one of the top items of the sale. I am wearing a petite and it is the perfect fit.
10. Zella Leggings (& vintage style tanks) – These white & black Zella leggings are PERFECTION. They are high waisted and white, without being like, whoa white leggings. The vintage style Adidas tank is so cute and there is a similar Nike one – I do think these will be big items on the sale given their uniqueness and price point. I am wearing an XS in the tank (ran generous) and a small in the leggings (ran tight). UPDATE – NOW ONLINE!!
Happy shopping!!! I would love to hear what your favorite items of the sale are!!XO, Brooke
PS – giveaway ends July 21st and winner will be announced morning of public sale! Good luck!!